Thursday, January 12, 2012

Velma Vapoose the Psychic Goose


Velma Vapoose is my psychic goose
You’ll notice she has three eyes
She’s like a magic eight ball
If you know how to read her replies
Just ask her a yes or no question
Like, “Will I be famous someday?”
If she ruffles her feathers and looks at the ground
That means: “Sorry, buddy. No way.”
You can also ask if the person you like
Will ask you if you’d like to dance
If she raises her neck and opens her beak
That means: “Nope. Not a chance.”
You can ask, “If I fake sick to get out of class,
Will the teacher buy into my lie?”
If she honks out loud and stomps her feet
That means: “Don’t even try.”
If you’re in 4-H then you can inquire
“Will mine be the prize-winning cow?”
If she winks her third eye and wiggles her butt
That means: “No way, no how.”
You can ask, “Will I win a million bucks
To spend at the shopping mall?”
If she nips at your hand and waddles away
That means, “Not likely at all.”
And of course you can ask, “Will my mother find out
That my bedroom’s still a mess?”
If she lays an egg, then clean your room!
‘Cause that means: “Undoubtedly yes.”