Wednesday, December 26, 2012

How The Cat and Cow Got Their Mew and Moo, Respectively


A long time ago, in 1682
The cat said moo and the cow said mew
 “Why do you mew? It’s better to moo!” mooed the cat
And the cow mewed, “Ha! Moo, schmoo!”
“More like mew, schmew!” mooed Cat. “Mew is poo!”
“Ha! Nice comeback!” mewed Cow. “That’s the best you can do?”
“Go milk yourself, Cow!”
“Go lick yourself, Cat!”
“You’re not worth your own cud!”
“You’re not worth your own scat!”
“I bet you can’t moo!”
“I can too! I’m just not in the mewed.”
“You mean not in the mood!”
“That was rude!”
“Oh, mew-hoo!”
“You just mewed!”
“I did not!”
“You did too!”
“Moot point, dude!”
Mewt point, dude!”
“You mean moot point, you do!”
“Yeah? I’m rubber, you’re glue!”
“Then I’m rubber, you’re glue!”
“Moo!” mooed Cow, making fun of the Cat.
“Mew!” mewed Cat. “How ‘bout that?”
And because Cat and Cow were both rubber and glue
The mew stuck to Cat and to Cow stuck the moo
Which is why cats and cows make the sounds that they do
‘Cause of one barnyard spat in 1682.