Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Smigglyput


What of a what is a smigglyput?
Is it purple or yellow or gray?
Does it say “pokypoo” or “balooglemaroo”?
Oh what does a smigglyput say?
And where of a where is a smigglyput?
Yes, where on the Earth does it hide?
Is it inside my shoe or my plastic kazoo?
Is it under the dress of the bride?
And who of a who is a smigglyput?
Is it boastful or angry or shy?
Is it wise like the owl? Does it giggle or scowl?
Oh what makes a smigglyput cry?
And when of a when is a smigglyput?
Is it always or never or now?
Is it when the bell rings, or the fat lady sings?
Is it when little Jack sold the cow?
And why of a why is a smigglyput?
‘Cuz of science, religion or art?
“I think, therefore I smigglyput.”
What’s that mean, eh, Descartes?
And how of a how is a smigglyput?
Is it stirred, shaken, blended or poured?
I only know this of the smigglyput:
It only shows up when you’re bored.