Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Lost My Tooth in a Kissing Booth

I lost my tooth in a kissing booth
Today at the local fair
The woman wore a long, white coat
And I was reclined in a chair.
The booth had red striped awning
With cupids drawn beneath
But I didn’t have my glasses on…
They coulda been pictures of teeth.
The kiss itself was short and sweet
And gave me quite the thrill
But oddly I have memories
Of forceps and a drill.
The booth raised funds for charity
They asked for a donation
Instead of cash, they wanted
My insurance information.
Besides the booth, the fair was dull
There wasn’t much to see
Just pamphlets labeled “Flossing Fun”
And “Family Dentistry.”
As I was leaving, kids showed up
I said, "Enjoy the fair!"
They didn't smile or say, "Okay!"
They only seemed to stare.
When I got home I realized
I was missing my front tooth
I cannot fathom how
Since it was just a kissing booth.