Saturday, October 19, 2013

Impotence Day


It’s Impotence Day!
So the wasp has no sting
The door has no doorknob
The bell has no ring
The sun has no sunshine
The dog has no bark
The sparkplug is missing
Its signature spark
The cup won’t hold water
The sponge doesn’t scrub
The bathtub drain stopper
Won’t fit in the tub
My pen ink is white
But my White-Out is black
My boomerang left
But it didn’t come back
The toaster’s not toasting
The freezer won’t freeze
The cows won’t make milk
And the milk won’t make cheese
The tigers are toothless
The sharks have no fins
The movie is over
Before it begins
The typewriter’s broken
It only types zeds
And all headless horsemen
Are now wearing heads
The planes can’t take off
They’re all stuck to the ground
The sky is below
And the earth isn’t round
It’s one giant shutdown
This Impotence Day
No school, no work
No rehearsal, no play
And with everything broken
You’d think I’d be sad
But I’m not, ‘cause I don’t need
Those things that I had
I only need you
You’re the one thing I need
The world all chained up
Leaves the two of us freed
We can cuddle and chat
We can frolic and play
We just can’t make love
‘Cause it’s Impotence Day.