Monday, May 5, 2014

I'm Just A Sweet Old Lunatic

I’m just a sweet old lunatic
Oh won’t you take me in?
I’m a harmless little psycho
With a pimple on my chin.
I’ve got no place to sleep tonight
You’ve got an extra couch
And I can tell you’re friendly
From your squint-eyes and your slouch.
And so I think I’ll follow you
To your apartment door
You haven’t got a couch?
Oh well, I’ll sleep upon the floor
You won’t regret inviting me
I’m gentle as a cat
I don’t need much to eat
Just one small cockroach or a rat.
I’m just a sweet old lunatic
I’ll keep your pests at bay
Oh will you, won’t you, pretty please?
Oh won’t you let me stay?
You won’t? Why not? Don’t tell me:
It’s the pimple on my chin!
You think that it’s the devil’s mark!
A pustule made of sin!
Why, you’re an old religious fool!
Well, if I only knew!
Who needs you, huh? Who brought you here?
You ignoramus you!
And what’s more, you’re….oh wait
I see. You’re just a knobby stick.
I shouldn't trust my eyes
I’m just a sweet old lunatic.