Friday, June 13, 2014

Flannery O'Connor: An Semi-Accurate, Non-Erotic Biography

Flannery O’Connor, Flannery O’Connor
In 1951, the doctors said she was a goner
They said: “Lupus, lupus, lupus!”
And she said: “Holy cow!
I guess I’ll live with mom and raise some peacocks now!”
She raised a hundred peacocks
She wrote a hundred books
At night she went out dancin’ with the gypsies and the crooks.
Her work was Southern Gothic
It wasn’t Kafkaesque
The critics said: “Yo, Flannery, your writing is grotesque!”
She said: “Ooga-booga-booga!
I’m a Catholic wiccan!
When I was just a kid, I had a famous pet chicken!
I liked to eat shrimp, and I liked to eat pie
In 1954 I got a kiss from a guy
He said my lips were limp
And my teeth were hard as stones
He felt like he was makin’ out with skeleton bones.
I wasn’t dead yet, but I was in ‘64
The lupus ate me up and spit me out upon the floor.
And I said Ooga-booga-booga!
Time to meet God! You shall know the truth
And the truth will make you odd.”