Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transitions

In the tub
Eating a hundred plastic dinosaurs
Swallowing tiny stegosaurus spikes
Feeling Jurassic.

On the roof
Planting a hundred yellow daffodils
Watching the sun watch me plant daffodils
Feeling paranoid about the possible personhood of the sun.

In the bed
Scratching my ears with a fork
Scratching the fork with my ears
Tickling between the four prongs
The fork laughs…

In my dreams
Hearing the laughter of the fork
Digesting the dinosaurs
Feeling paranoid about the possible personhood of the moon…

Because, are they on our side, the celestial bodies?

It hurts
I can’t digest the dinosaurs
I wake up with sun in one eye and moon in the other
I can’t remember how many daffodils
Or whether I watered them
Or whether they were seeds or bulbs
Or whether I grew from or was planted in this world.