Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Glimpse Into the Mind of a Patient Suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder

Please cuddle with me, Mr. Sun
It's winter and there is no one
to cuddle with against the breeze
Oh, Sun, you are an awful tease
to be so far above my head
Why can't you be inside my bed
and wrap your golden rays
around my shivery self? What praise
would bring you here, what bribe
would make you leave your azure sky
to come to me and snuggle tight
and comfort me against the night?
And yet with winter's shorter days
you seem so distant, far away
that I can't feel your heat
and so, I dream of when we'll meet
and hold each other tight and feel
each other's warmth and eat our meals
together. I'll spoon food into your mouth!
Oh, Sun, why is it warmer South?
And would you love me even more
if I lived at the equator?
That isn't fair, you know I find
I love you more than all the Southerners combined
You've always made me so enchanted
and I won't take you for granted
'cause I owe my life to you, and cannot beat
the wintery blues without your heat
Without your love, I am undone!
Please cuddle with me, Mr. Sun.