Friday, August 2, 2013

The Difficulty of Keeping Out Unwanted Guests

Big-bellied elephants wearing new socks
One rings the bell and the other one knocks
I won’t let them in ‘cause they both have the pox
Big-belled elephants wearing new socks.
Fat, furry guinea pigs, covered in gel
One of them knocks and one rings the bell
I won’t let them in ‘cause both of them smell
Fat, furry guinea pigs, covered in gel.
One clever marmot, dressed like a maid
Sneaking in through the garage, I’m afraid
I won’t let her in ‘cause she might have a blade
One clever marmot, dressed like a maid.
One schizophrenic skunk in a toupee
Climbed down the chimney twice today
I won’t let him in ‘cause he’ll probably spray
One schizophrenic skunk in a toupee.
Two wealthy lions, dressed in Dior
Both using picks to dig under the door
I won’t let them in ‘cause I’m scared that they’ll roar
Two wealthy lions, dressed in Dior.
One crazy dentist, looking aloof
Tries to get in through a hole in the roof
I won’t let him in ‘cause he might pull my tooth
One crazy dentist, looking aloof.
Beady-eyed lab mice, little white paws
Scratch at the door with their super-sharp claws
I won’t let them in ‘cause they’re carrying saws
Beady-eyed lab mice, little white paws.
One ugly mongoose with his new wife
Says: “Let us in or we’ll threaten your life!”
I won’t let them in ‘cause they might have a knife
One ugly mongoose with his new wife.
One cranky lady wearing lip balm
Says: “Don’t you dare lock out your own mom!”
I won’t let her in ‘cause she might have a bomb
“You’ll be grounded for a week!”
Oops! Come on in, Mom.