Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ode to the Olympic Marmot (dedicated to the Marmot King, whom I had the pleasure to meet upon Hurricane Ridge)


Oh marmot on your rocky rock

What have you got that I have not?

To start, you’ve got some thickish fur

And if I may continue, sir

You’ve also got a lovely view

And every day, an hour or two

To just enjoy it, as you plop

Upon your marmot rocky rock.

You’ve also got some blackish paws

And clicky sounding toothy jaws

And then a burrow, not too far

Where you can get some R&R

You spend the day upon the rocks

You’ve made yourself a litter box

You’ve also got a snazzy nose

To smell where yummy grubbums grow

And when you’re tired of doing that

You simply take another nap

(And then to celebrate your nap

You clap, and take another nap.)

If by an enemy you’re found

You bound and bound and bound and bound

And though you’ll suffer quite a fright

You’ll very soon be out of sight

But as you know, I am your friend

Your pal until the very end

I’ll be with you through wind and rain

And even through a hurricane

I’ll help protect your rocky rocks

I’ll whack trespassers with my socks

I’ll stroke your nose and scratch your head

And even feed you bits of bread

Then you and I will rent a plane

And fly together, off to Spain

We’ll travel Europe all year long

And sing a lot of silly songs

Like “Rock Around the Marmot Clock”

And “Twinkle Twinkle Marmot Rock”

And I just know that we’ll be fine

As long as your paw rests in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment