Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Trip to the Kitten Store

I went to the store, they had kittens galore
They had kittens and kittens and kittens and more
Kittens and even some kittens with spots
They had kittens, oh boy, lots of kittens, just lots!
They had kittens with eyes that were green, brown and blue
They had kittens in, out, near and up the wazoo!
They had kittens who spit, they had kittens who drool
They had snorkeling kittens inside of a pool!
They had kittens with tails as long as a rope
They had kittens who frothed after gobbling soap
They had kittens in hats that were striped, plaid, or gray
They even had kittens in silk lingerie!
They had kittens with eyes that popped out of their head
They had kittens who wrote, they had kittens who read
They had kittens with claws just as sharp as a blade
They had kittens who knew how to make marmalade
They had kittens who’d died, and become kitten ghosts
They had kittens whose breath smelled like cinnamon toast!
They had kittens with Gods, and some atheists too
They had had cats kitten-sized ‘cause the cats never grew!
They had kittens with wings, they had kittens with scales
They had kittens with jingling bells on their tails!
They had kittens that offered me cookies and tea
And kittens that dosed me with pure LSD
And kittens that locked me inside of a room
And told me my real name was Reggie Bamboom
They said, “You have one phone call, so make a good choice!”
I called up my girlfriend and said, “Listen, Joyce!
I found the best kitten store ever today!
They even have kittens in silk lingerie!”
Well, Joyce said, “You’re weird, Brad,” and hung up the phone
So I have no more phone calls, and I’m all alone
And now, about Joyce, I just don’t feel the same
I’m Reggie, not Brad! She’s forgotten my name :(