Monday, December 16, 2013

Techniques for the Management of Emotion Vessels

The bikes that I had in my brain
Were traveling out of their lane
For example, the bikes in Lane Fear
Would quite irritatingly veer
To the lane on the right called Irate
Or the lane full of potholes called Hate
And the bikes in the lane of Aggression
Would crash into the bikes in Obsession
And the bikes in Indulgence, of course
Would often end up in Remorse
While the bikes in lanes Nervous and Tense
Would often crash into the fence
So I hired a Brain Traffic Cop
To get all this madness to stop
The cop, though, was scared to go near
The anarchic and lawless Lane Fear
So he hid in a pothole in Hate
With his rude middle finger held straight
“You’re all terrible drivers!” he’d curse
And he made all the traffic get worse
So I paved over all the damn lanes
And thought I’d start over with trains
I figured with feelings on tracks
I’d prevent any road rage-y acts
But the trains crossed and crashed all the same
And really, I’m only to blame
Who else would have thought it was sane
To install a conductor-less train?
So I started all over with boats
And I don’t mean to boast or to gloat
But it’s really worked out rather great
‘Cause Fear and Aggression and Hate
Obsession, Indulgence, Irate
Floated worse than a big armored tank
And gradually, thankfully sank
While Humor, Contentment and Luck
All float just as well as a duck
So with water instead of concrete
My brain has become nice and neat
(Except the boats Nervous and Tense
Which still often crash into the fence.)